about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Change can be as good as a holiday!


It’s Friday people!!!!...
Seeing as a good few members of the male population are flying up to Jhb for the rugby…yes I know what you’re thinking….”WHY?”…but still…us girls are being left to our own devices. Trace and I are heading off to Mamma Mia tonight - can’t wait!!! … and tomorrow we’ll do the country thing at the farmer’s market with Cody and kids in tow! I love buying flowers from their flower stall, but my garden is just looking so colourful at the moment….so I managed to fill a good few vases this week. With the jasmine being out at this time of year, my house has smelt HEAVENLY these last few weeks….and that has been on my gratitude list..wow…the simple things in life!

My blog will be short today, but what I wanted to share was the topic of change. This week has had some significant changes for me, which can sometimes be quite daunting. When Andrea left she gave me the most beautiful pewter Angel on a ribbon, on which the following was engraved: “There are no endings; only new beginnings…”. It’s very seldom that I enter into any form of change without thinking it through, analysing, etc. etc. unless it presents itself unannounced, and it’s then that you can feel unnerved, but I have really tried to take heed of the above statement, to see if it would change the way I react to new situations and change, and it certainly has. Let’s face it, not all change make us happy, but all changes are a NEW BEGINNINGS, which means that at the onset, we have the option to choose our attitude towards it. That can make all the difference as to how it plays out, and whether it becomes useful and positive, or negative and destructive. Every change is a new opportunity to rise to the occasion, and a journey in itself, so try and remember the above, and you’ll be surprised at how much better you feel.

Lin, found this pic of our brood....from the day spent in the Midlands....
CHARMED LIFE principle no 7 - CONSERVE YOUR ENERGY: Almost every woman is either a little tired or flat-out exhausted. It seems that the main cause of this physical and mental fatigue is our incessant need to fill in for Atlas. We feel responsible for so many people and tasks that it does seem that we’re balancing the world on our shoulders. That makes us weary before we do anything. Getting a realistic view of your responsibility level can be the first step in personal energy conservation.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that once you can accept a change it can make a huge difference to you and what you do.

    Thanks for such an inspiring blog - I just love reading your entries.

    ReplyDelete