about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Monday, September 8, 2008

In touch with Intuition...


How many of us rely on our intuition?? A friend of mine and I always talk about the “someone who talks to me”. We both have extremely sensitive 6th senses, intuition, call it what you like, and they very seldom let us down. My family and friends will vouch for the fact that I often have these feelings and thoughts, or that little voice inside that has frequently spurred me towards an action, that ends up being very significant in some way or another.

Last week was filled with so many of those moments! And not the silly coincidences that make us go “Oh wow, how weird was that?”, but really significant moments that provided answers for some of the big things I was having issues with. The thing that really convinced me that my guardian angel was working overtime, was more the way the answers presented themselves to me. Not in ways that were obvious or wishy washy, but in ways that left no doubt in my mind, that they had been sent straight from ‘above’ … if you know what I mean. Now whilst I am not religious, I do consider myself to be spiritual and I have always seen my intuition or 6th sense as one of my blessings, or in charmed terms, one of my “free squares” as it were. It has played such a significant role in my life that I do give gratitude for it, often. My husband has also had first hand experience with it, so when I say…”this just came to me”, he pays careful attention! So for me last week was a rather enlightening week, which has prompted me to start a new ritual on my blog, which is to once a week reflect on what I have learnt over the last 7 days….
Sabrina, Dad and Dom....undercover.


Sabrina at the indoor pool of the hotel.

And just for the sake of the pics…my dh and I spent a wonderful weekend practicing principle no 6 – The Vacation Principle, by staying at a hotel on the beachfront and enjoying good old "Durb’s by the sea!" Our children spent the weekend with their aunt and uncle who spoilt them ROTTEN, although we did have them for a short while on Saturday, and the weather was absolutely GLORIOUS!..

Charmed Principle no 10: Invite Adventure - A charmed life is an exhuberant life. You get one by loosening up, lightening up, and inviting in stimulating event and people. Our adventure deficit has come about because we have made our lives, on the surface at least, sleepily sheltered.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, looks like the children had fun, and you and hubby especially with special time together.

    6th sense, gut feelings are things that you need to take heed of. Things do happen for a reason and when they do, it is part of the bigger plan for each of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely idea, could do with a little dose of durban beachfront myself and a huge dose of family Stemp!!!!

    ReplyDelete