about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My answers......

Well it would help if I published my own answers relating to the post below!.....

1. I spend a significant amount of time thinking about/of............the complexities of life, and what my personal purpose is, outside of being a mother and wife.

2. The high AND low points of your last 24 hours/your day..........

-the high: shooting some hoops with my son.

-the low: having to lecture my son about the advantages of counting your blessings, and adopting a positive attitude in life....WHERE is the parenting MANUAL!!!...please...anyone???

4 comments:

  1. Hi B..... and look - I am the FIRST to comment.... and you doubted me.....???

    I spend a significant amount of time WORRYING I am afraid to say..... I try so hard to get out of it but the worries creep back without me even realising it.... I worry about all sorts.... you name it and I'll worry about it.....family, business, financial amongst others....

    The high point of 'yesterday' was an impromptu 'braai' where I LEARNT how to light the fire myself and also got to practise the 'vacation' principle although without the WINE so it was'nt quite the same and also skipping gym and buying new sandals.......then low point.....we heard about Trevor's Aunt who passed away due to cancer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My turn, my life is not nearly as philosophical as you girls at the moment, not enough sleep for that I guess (lol), but I am going to give it a bash.....

    I spend a significant amount of time....being grateful for where I am in my life at the moment, and trying to avoid the doubts that sometimes try to creep in. And thinking about when, if ever, Nicholas will let me have more then 1.5 hours continuous sleep in a night!

    My high point....having my tyres changed (read my blog entry for more info)

    My low point....realising that my mom only has another 10 days here before she heads back to SA - can't be too sad I guess, I have had her for 2 months.

    Well done on this B, it is lots of fun and another inspired idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok MY turn.....

    I spend a significant amount of time.....singing and humming and seeing life with positive eyes. I laugh a heck of a lot and make myself giggle at least once a day. I also throw myself into whatever the day has planned for me - with 100% effort. wether it is happy or sad. I spend a lot of time giving thanks to GOD for everything i have - i truly am RICH in all the right areas....


    The high point of yesterday....chatting on skype with trace and you bee and the low was cathing myself butt naked int he mirror after the bath and realsiing it is TIME to diet now - no more stuffing around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooops typing erros - so sorry i never checked it first before hitting enter....

    ReplyDelete