about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tips on making life easier....

It's spring here people, so whether you have a spring in your step, or are contemplating spring cleaning (me), I need your input, PLEASE!

Please share any tips that are "time savers"! I buy magazines all the time for tips like this, and thought hey, let's just blog it for a change, and see what comes up. :-) It's spring, Christmas is around the corner, holidays are upon us, and I personally am feeling like I have so much stuff that needs to go, to make way for NEW, or just to clear the dust and allow for fresh air!! So, EVERY LITTL BIT COUNTS!...you can see I'm one of those mothers that you see at the school gate trying to rope other mothers into helping!!..eish I think they see me coming!
But really, it's amazing what you learn from one another..... . At our coffee mornings we often used to share our ideas or personal tried and tested tips that worked for us, with each other. One of the best tips I've learnt from a girlfriend, is my friend Lindy who, (ok not necessarily a time saving tip, but a GIVING one) introduced me to the concept of always returning a tin or tupperware/dish to the person who lent it to you (or sent you a meal in it perhaps), with something inside from your kitchen/home. So that's been our thing for a while now - if I give her butternut soap from the freezer, the container is always returned with gorgeous baked goodies from her kitchen (it helps that she can bake!!). I love, love, love that idea! And it's amazing how there's no more forgetting who has your tupperware!!! I now eagerly await to see what she's going to surprise me with next!
So tips under comments please!...thanks for sharing!!
The photo above is of the flowers my wonderful husband gave me, along with a box of my favourite chocolates, "Because I can" he said. :-). They greet all who enter my home, and make them smile.

CHARMED PRINCIPLE no 13 - Enhance your Environment: Collaborate with nature. Enhance beauty. Respect your intuitive inklings about the colours, shapes, textures, and patterns that populate you personal world. Create an environment that entices fortune! If changing your life seems an overwhelming proposition, rearrange your furniture. Your environment/s, when you think of your home, your car, your office, and wherever else you spend substantial time, affects your mood. Ideally, every item in your home should have real value, either useful or sentimental, for at least one person in the household.

2 comments:

  1. oh i miss lindy and her baking .....maybe i should pst her a bloody tupperware!!!!!

    every year at this time also leading up to christmas - i give each child a black rubbish bag and tell them to fill it - with whatever they arent using or have got bored of or are simply storing under the bed or in a toy box waiting for goodness knows what - so they have the attitude of making room for their new gifts and presents they are about to receive - you will be amazed at how quickly you can fill that bag - obviously half of it is rubbish and bits of paper and drawings and scribbles and packaging etc etc but most if it can be washed and passed on or blessed to a less fortunate person or sold outside your gate to passers by - often i have sat with the girls along with their goods and watched them haggle over a few cents and giggling with delight at how MUCH they made - even if it was only enough for an icecream !! half way through they would get a giving spirit and end up blessing stuff to folk walking down the road. good learning curve for them and helps make getting rid of the clutter so much more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok gf, i'm seriously enjoying reading your posts & i've decided that maybe in a previous life you were an author or possibly are a guest speaker in the making....
    I look forward to seeing what tips everyone posts, as i too could use a spring clean, i'm a hoarder by nature!

    ReplyDelete