about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What I know for sure this week, ending 30 November 2008

- there is only one week left before school breaks up - halleluyah!
- a few swelteringly hot days can make you see mist and rain in a whole new light!...LOL!
- out of the blue, our son seems to have developed an affinity for public speaking, without fear
- my gran is finally living a life she deserves, where she is being looked after, as opposed to doing the looking after
- my brother and Shanna-lee are back from Cape Town - yay!
- i wore an outfit to my husbands Christmas party, that I have had in my cupboard for 18 years..true story.....it's so old...it's come back into fashion!!....talk about vintage!!!!
- the best "value for money" flower purchase, has GOT to be our little florist in the Pick n Pay centre in Hillcrest, which sells quality roses so reasonably!...And's I miss those days you would arrive at my door with a bunch from the "guy at the corner"...sniff...
- drinking alchohol (spelling??) is THE most overrated pastime, in the world, LIKE EVER!!!
- Hannah Montana...WHO!!!????...vomit...she is EVERYWHERE....overkill!!!
- i am so out of ideas for supper....same old same....sigh...
- not only is my husband wonderful to be married to, but he is also wonderful to work for....
- fairy lights are simply one of my favourite things in the world....ever!
- you don't know what you have until it's gone...sniff...SOB.....I WANT MY BLING CLIPS BACK!!!
- even though he's not as big an ABBA fan as I am, my husband will sing to "Honey, Honey" with me.....now that's a sign of true love...ahem....or maybe intoxication ...sigh...well it was good while it lasted........

4 comments:

  1. Tee Hee....loved some of these points B and one of them is a definite....Nick is WONDERFUL!

    I also miss my "man on the corner" and the tea in the pretty tea cups I also got to enjoy when I arrived with those roses....sniff....I see you in sooooo many tea cups here gf

    xxx
    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S I went back to your shop in Brighton today and the saying outside the door is

    See Pink
    Feel Pink
    Be Pink

    So you my friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG YES..... get rid of HANNAH MONTANA...... post the vintage dress onto the blog B..... Hope it was'nt pearl blue and cream hee hee... my kids are watching Mamma Mia as we speak...... KILL me now.... NO just kidding....

    Love R

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are sooo lucky you can fit into that Vintage dress from 18 years ago ... sigh ... I have just given my "vintage" (read skinny) stuff away - am embracing the curvy me ...

    Love, Tracy

    ReplyDelete