about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A wonderful holiday....

We've been back from our holiday for 4 days, and the Berg seems like a distant memory... . Whilst coming back to home comforts (like a bigger bed!!LOL!) is always a good feeling, we have such fond memories of this holiday, which afforded us some down time and the opportunity to spend quality time together as a family. We savoured EVERY moment, ..... of every cocktail (kiddies cocktails too please!!..called "SHIRLEY TEMPLE" - too much!!) , ....every cooked meal, the wonderful people we met, and the time Nick and I could spend together, when our kids were off being entertained, or had flopped into bed exhausted from the day's play, whilst we enjoyed a romantic dinner together....sigh....

The girlfriends sipping cocktails....'Splash' for Mom, and 'Shirley Temple' for kids

It wasn't all down time though!! I never thought I would see the day that I would visit the GYM whilst on holiday???!!! (I mean who does that????), but EISH, these things happen! My dh and children still can't believe they saw me on the tennis court, and even worse...SWIMMING LAPS IN THE POOL!!!.....NO!!!!..would you believe??? - true story. And Beryl if you're reading this, you'll be proud of me...I even MEDITATED!!!!!! - JA!

The kids rowed on the lake twice a day with their Dad, and this time I joined in - got these pics of the boys up ahead, but not for long....we raced back to land, and sadly for the men, girlpower ruled!!!...doing a jig...!! (ahem...they did give us a head start...blush)
The dads were such good sports being as competitive as men are, by letting the sons join in the volley ball - so good for the little guys...but definitely needed an icey afterwards!!
Since we've been back it's been go-go-go as we approach Christmas at a rate of knots! So without further ado, I have to wish everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!...and please remember to spare a thought for those less fortunate than ourselves at this time, and try and spread the joy!

2 comments:

  1. love the pics gf, love the berg (sigh..) Thanks for yesterday, had a lovely time, just got to find a place to hang my beautiful cock-eral!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What stunning pictures that certainly portray a wonderful, fun filled family holiday.

    Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete