- Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
What I know for sure since I last blogged about what I know!!
1. ok seriously...what I know I DON'T KNOW, is what's kept me so busy, for so long, ....hey??????...where the HELL have I been is what I'm thinking?????????
2. just like red apples, time spent with true friends, on the phone, via a letter, or in person is SOULFOOD.
3. no truly...I am AAAAALLL for homeschooling, but Mother's who homeschool, ....have 4 whining children, and seem to be teetering dangeously close to the edge of INSANITY or SUICIDE (can you blame them), ....should not HOMESCHOOL in the local library!!......one would think that a row of books would adequately muffle the sounds of a mother threatening one child through gritted teeth, whilst pinching another one at the same time (true story),...uh-uh -no. Oh and the vowel thing GF...it seems your Johnny aint neva gonna get the whole vowel thang..
4. DON'T have your laundry basket next to your toilet…you’ll be surprised what you can find in the toilet! (that was intended for the laundry basket…eeuw!)
5. can you be sublimely content...i think so?
6. when in doubt as to whether or not you’re a dog person, have one of your "my dog goes everywhere with me friends" come over for a visit, and let 'IT' leave a "parcel" on your lush, green, perfectly manicured lawn, ...in direct line of "your view"..whimper...and then ask yourself again…AM I A DOG PERSON??????
7. oh look....it's raining....AGAAAAAAINNNNN.
8. when in need of a good laugh, one can always rely on POP IDOLS....eish man people...stop telling your children THEY CAN SING!!!!!!
9. Chickens that have been given a name like "Rose", are clearly not meant for eating...LIKE EVA...as in DEAD or ALIVE...sigh...why don't people get that??
10. i am so loving my hydrangeas at the moment..
11. still raining.......
12. my shabby chic chairs...are no more...I KNOW!!!!!!!..they now come in a red and beige check fabric ...and are thread bare...howz that for a homonym??..synonym??!
13. i taught my sons class of 24 kids from 08h30 - 12h30....AND SURVIVED IT......return on investment is MAJOR 'street cred'!..so worth it!!
14. when you drink too much wine out ...don't do "sexy eyes" dance movements in public (even if it's directed at your husband!), it's so hard to DENY it was you the next day when a strange man stops you in the veggie store - BLIND!...you try deny it...but when he does "your special dance moves" back at you, you know it's you, and he knows it's YOU..EISH...
15. still raining....
16. loving my big white hoop earrings and my boyfriend jeans - fashion moment.
17. Dear Lord...firstly...ahem...can we skip the part about how long it's been since my last confession?? (blush)...just thought I'd mention that if you're wondering why so many Urban women in Africa are thinking impure thoughts of late, blame it on the people from Multichoice, who decided to put HUGH JACKMAN on the cover of this month's DISH magazine!!!!!....breathe...Lord, he definitely is some of your best work!!!
18. is it the voices I'm hearing in my head that go "Mommy, please can you....."..."Mommy, please can you....." "Mommy please can you"...24/7........oh no wait...that's called "Motherhood!!!" HELP!
19. i choose restoring an old piece of furniture over buying new anyday!
20. STIIIILLL RAAAAAAINNNING!!!!!!!!
21. if all relationships are about give and take, then we should always be asking, what have we given?
22. laughing and talking with my husband is defnitely one of the simple pleasures of my life.
23. KFC is not just a chicken joint - at Hillcrest Primary it stands for 'Kids for Christ'....