- Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
What I know for sure so far on 25th February 2009
- today is the most magnificent day - just a picture.
- yesterday I was blessed to find the most beautiful butterfly, with blue (top) and yellow (underneath) stripes on it's wings. Sadly it was dying, - but nonetheless, another miracle of nature. The kids took it to school, so it's beauty was enjoyed long after it passed away.
- man becomes what man thinks about.
- as a member of the ECO-Committe, my goal for this year is to support Hillcrest Primary School in their endevour to get their "Green Flag" status, and join the group of schools from 46 countries across the globe in becoming an eco school - thus far 930 schools in South Africa have joined!
- i am eternally amazed at my sons wisdom with matters of the head, and my daughters wisdom with matters of the heart.
- my husband is so right when he says...never say never.
- confessions of a (deprived) shopaholic: walking through the Pavilion with the lingering scent of perfume and coffee, carrying a Dior bag, is such a decadent moment...(even if the Dior bag is the size of a postage stamp!...Dior nonetheless!!!)
- at the tender age of 8 our son has come to the realization that finding a wife is not going to be an easy task.....never mind the "birds and the bees" - I guess now would be a good time to introduce him to the "Mars and Venus" dilemma!
- for my birthday this year we are having a "BOKJOL" party, ...(I swear)....it's true what they say...your 30's really are about embracing who and what you are...and your heritage
- one of the best decisions I have ever made was to stop reading the newspapers (not easy), because it really makes you realise that you can still be informed without being INUNDATED..and who really cares whether Joost cheated on Amor???????.....(90% of what's printed in the media is a pack of lies anyway - I can vouch for that personally!!)
- just when you think you know how you feel about something...it changes...(especially if your of the female gender...eish!!)
- as long as you have HOPE anything is possible - that's why they call it a MIRACLE.
- it's amazing what comfortable underwear and a practical handbag can do for your emotional and mental wellbeing!