about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Monday, August 30, 2010

August RUSH....


Dear August (- rush),

Man, you've really kicked my butt this month???? It's been a heck of a ride, and I'm not entirely sure how I'm feeling about that??? I'm guessing I needed it??

This morning, I'm cleaning my house because of you - you've left a tornado in your wake:-)....you've def been my "crazy person" friend over these last 30 days, sending me out to do all sorts of things, some of them I just don't agree with??? :-/..... multi-tasking, multi-faceting, dual purposing, double booking, pushing the envelope, cramming, ......crazy person i tell you....but getting the job done:-).....nevertheless...cleaning my house because of you.

I woke up this morning and asked my DH ....."Honey....are we there yet??? (Friday)"........it's only friggin TUESDAY!!!!!....but hey, I did enough work yesterday FOR A WEEK!!!!!!??????...SURELY THAT COUNTS FOR SOMETHING????????

September...now she's my girl.....it's all about the flowers, rebirth, sparkly new and happy, happy...i so need some of that....sloooow...hippy luuurve kinda feeling....sigh.....
Now I'm not saying there's no place for you, but your time is up.....you've had your 31 days! I'll give you this, you make things happen, and you've been really good to me, but I can't say I'll be sad to see you go....I'll need at least a YEAR to get over our little "REN-DE-VOUZ". On the outside, I may seem somewhat glib and "in control", but on the inside, man I'm a wreck!!!

As I said...you're my "crazy person" friend...till we meet again:-)

3 comments:

  1. Hope September brings you peace - and a few skype conversations ;0)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. heck yes i echo what Andrea said - SKYPE - i am sure you still have it loaded on your computer? flipping heck i think its easier for us to fly out in 4 weeks and see you face to face.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. you so cleva gf..... loooove how you wrote this - funny. I could feel your anguish and rush....
    but phew.... must admit I am glad that month has come and gone too... gotta make time to smell the roses, make some LEMONADE and sip away more cocktails. But MOSTLY....... get some creative time in there somewhere too. And hey - don't even need to mow the lawn chick.... loooove that image... gotta make a date for one of those all day and nighters.... and HEY the outdoor movie for the kids.

    ReplyDelete