about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

On my couch...yep...I have a couch...I've decided!

Just a quick one this morning, just to share my quiet time thoughts......

Sitting here just enjoying my garden and the sunshine so so much, listening to the birds tweet away...i LOVE this time of the morning, especially on a Thursday.

Sometimes no matter how hard you try, it's really hard to imagine that you're HERE.....(imagine beautiful scrapbooking arrow pointing to pic below)


When ACTUALLY...you're .....here.....(trumpet plays down trodden music here)

From my little CHARMED LIFE bible, I've chosen to reflect on this today...words and thoughts I just LOVE:- BUILD SOUL EQUITY

"No matter what an experience looks like on the outside, there's soul gold in there somewhere. Find it."

Once you're convinced that you're here to learn and grown and expand your capacity to love, know, and experience life, you'll start to value everything you do and everything that happens to you in terms of soul equity. Then you'll feel less pressure to radically alter your life or yourself. Uncovering the intangible treasures within the obligations you already have, and within the woman you already are, becomes much more appealing.

It is tempting for the ego to let the boring, difficult and unpleasant aspects of our lives convince us that life is largely boring, difficult and unpleasant. Living through these, and learning through them, builds soul equity that's worth more than money in the bank.....

WOW...i love this....my example of building soul equity comes from searching for the gold, and the soul equity in the tasks that I find make my already hectic schedule that much more crazy, and sometimes makes me feel less capable of being the "unhurried woman" I so desperately want to be, but the last two weeks, for example, instead of a rushed time spent in the car in the afternoons, wishing it away, we play awesome music (ok we always do that:-)) but I've taken my travel mug with a cappuccino with me (NOW we're talking!!), and a little bit of crochet for the waits, and even spent some time sitting with a friend in my car, having an awesome catch-up session!....Today I'll find another area to improve on....."HOMEWORK TIME"...that's it!....hmmm...wonder how I'll be able to make that enjoyable...NOW THERE'S A CHALLENGE for finding soul gold if ever!!! LOL!

So girls THIS is where I'll be today....(in my mind's eye).....and don't laugh.....it wasn't an easy choice...I CHOSE THIS BEACH CAREFULLY...*sigh*...there were just sooo many YU-MMY one's to choose from....so go find your beach, and build some soul equity today:-)...just because YOU CAN....

3 comments:

  1. lovely soul food Bee..... thanks :)
    Think I will find my little place and crochet.... just for a change of scenes. Good Luck with the homework challenge... our challenge today, PACKING for camping... eish, stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bee ... soul food for thought indeed ... you know how to make a girl ponder and then want to be better .... THANK YOU SO MUCH ...

    Enjoy your camping trip ...

    As for that little place of serenity and soul - I choose my huuuge comfy bed with a serious thriller ... the novel kind ... ummm ... a novel ... ummm ... okay .... a thriller - whatever comes my way ... naughty tee hee ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for a great post Bee, inspirational as always and just what I needed. Can't wait to meet you on that beach in October gf, real soul food xxx

    ReplyDelete