about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

SUN

After 2 days of rain, that just wouldn't be beat, we woke to the most amazing day today.  It was still, and sunny, and everything looked almost luminous green from rain, rain and more rain.  Suffice to say I just had to take full advantage of the weather, (wished it could have been on the beach!) and did something that I have never done before....declared the porch my temporary office, and soaked up the sights and sounds of the outdoors.  I really am so grateful that have the flexibility that allows me to work this way.  The downside I have noticed lately, is that sometimes, being your own boss and being able to dictate how and where you do things can sometimes means that you very rarely choose things out of your comfort zome, which is essentially how you grow.  So am really making the effort lately to reach out to new ideas and just new ways of being, or doing things - even trying something that scares me...maybe say like EXERCISE....snigger:-))
  
Took this pic yesterday on my mobile of my daughters class having their version of ART JAMMING, with a real artist.  THEEEY LUUURVED it...we jammed ART so much they had this beauty at the end to show for it:-)  We are very proud of our boy, who has also been accepted into this amazing programme for next year - our daughter has blossomed by being on this project, so as parents we are just so grateful that we are associated with a school that is so forward thinking, and shows such great initiative and commitment.    

Yesterdays session made me toy with the idea of attempting some canvasses myself!  I mean how SCARY can it be to paint a TREE!?!...lol!

1 comment: