about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 - IT'S A WRAP

IT'S A WRAP - 2010

PRETTY PAPER YUMMINESS
THE WRAPPING 'ELFETTES'
I have such blog guilt about being away from this space for so long, and yet just a few minutes ago i was sitting outside with my boy, chatting about the importance of always trying where possible, to be in the moment - that is one of my 'things'.  With December being the busy month that it is, being in the moment means so much less time to reflect or blog - the downside.  It's been a month of birthday's, all sorts of year end parties and get-togethers and I guess all I can say is that I am so grateful to have the priviledge of wonderful people in my life who share these adventures with me.  At times like this I try and be ever mindful of how sad this time of year can be for those who have less - time, friends, family, health or happiness.

It's the last day of December and 2010, and I feel more hopeful and less reticent about 2011 than I did for 2010.  As I look around me I see friends and family on the verge of great things and I feel excited that 2011 is going to be a year of opportunities and growth, and whether they are simple or grandeous, they are opportunities nonetheless.  I have no great revelations, resolutions, or plans for the year ahead, except to say that I am so happy in my own skin, and with where I am at right now, and that there is an opportunity just to be happy, and spread the joy, because where joy and gratitide is, abundance is never far behind.  
Vee and Bee - Coffee Club Christmas Dinner

Our family Christmas table
The Stemp family - Christmas 2010 
Happy new year everyone - see you in 2011;-)

2 comments:

  1. a post from such a happy place, you seem to have found your bliss in 2010 gf (even though I know there have been some very sad times). I wish for you in 2011 everything you dream for yourself and your family, may all of your dreams turn to wishes and may all of your wishes come true.
    xxx
    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it sure has been a FUN month to WRAPup a year filled with many FUN times, laughs, giggles and tears of joy. A year that also crammed in soooo much yumminess, craftiness, shoppingness, oohhing and aaahhhingness, and blog-hopping-ness..... A year with sadness, stress, worries and scares for each one of us... A year of achievement, success and WOWness... 2010 sure was a BIG one. 2011 is going to be a whopper....

    ReplyDelete