about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

HURTING

Wow...our Earth is so angry.....to be honest, I think she's hurting BIG TIME.  I wish more people would feel her pain, and make changes.....

The devastation in Japan has touched us all, hasn't it?  A few weeks ago, it was New Zealand.... are we taking note...?

We all deal with these situations differently - it affects us all for different reasons......we take different things away from these situations that boggle the mind and tug at our hearts, as you hurt for these people millions of miles away.

What I've taken away from these situations is that we really are so so small in the grand scheme of things.....yet we try to think BIG BIG BIG....and that's ok, that's GREAT infact, as long as you've got the here and now, the small things that mean a LOT, taken care of too.

In our part of the world there is sadness, all the time.  We have broken people, poor people, lost people, but despite all this, I am so so so grateful to this country, where I get to experience love, joy, laughter, the old, the new, creativity, making a difference, the freedom to explore, and so so much more every day that I tread on dusty African soil.  What has really hit home for me through the current devastation that's taken place, all over the world, is this.......there is sadness, suffering and devastation in some way or another everywhere.....for a while now, there have been a number of places we've had in our prayers....., Africa's problems seem further back in the que......so today I'm thinking....

  • I want to live more in TODAY, because who knows about tomorrow
  • Does it matter where i am on the world map?...I'd like to just leave my mark on it
  • Today if I am kinder to the EARTH and my immediate environment, it'll be a battle won
  • Don't get too caught up in the negativity of what you think you have to face - because ultimately it's what's happening EVERYWHERE and ANYWHERE in our world, that could directly or indirectly impact on your life....the globe really has become a VILLAGE
  • Embrace life!....do something fun, and spread love, joy and kindness, that someone else won't get to do today....      

No comments:

Post a Comment