about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Monday, April 11, 2011

little green notebook of words...

This notebook found it's way to me from a friend, who saw it and knew it would MELT my heart.....she prettied it up, as only she can do, and i felt BLESSED to receive it - I LOVE anything that's been crafted or put together with love.....it always shows.

This little green book is now one of my treasures, and in it I write, I draw, I think, I remember, i DREAM.....

This past weekend I found one of the most BEAUTIFUL quotes I have ever heard - profound actually - not because of what is means in the greater scheme of things, but profound because of how much it resonates with me.  It may as well have had my name in lights...in the same way a theatre sign would, it may as well have been a WANTED sign on a lampost, with my mugshot and name at the bottom:-)).....it makes sense of some of the crazy things I do, the lengths to which I will go, the determination I have with regards to things or situations that may have others totally confused, as to why i even bother.....i can't explain it, but I know that there are other people out there, who share my affliction..... the words I wrote in my little green book go like this.....

The HAPPIEST people don't have the best of everything - they just MAKE THE BEST of everything.....

Some people run marathons and win, some people write novels and publish best sellers, some people 'nurture' and grow people, some people craft and create masterpieces, some people do business and build empires....some of us just try to make the best of everything....wear that badge PROUDLY!

3 comments: