about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Crazy about Kimmidolls


Ok, girlfriends far and wide will understand that feeling you get when you see something that just SPEAKS to you. Like a stunning piece of retro scrapping paper, or that chocolate brown handbag, or the shabby chic fabric. For most of us of the female gender, it could be a multitude of things, not fogetting that we are first and foremost GATHERERS, and always will be. Well my latest love would have to be the Kimmidolls.... I am just crazy about Kimmi's. These little dolls just had me oohing and ahhhing much better, wanting to buy the lot! Seriously, I have not seen anything this cute and girly in a long time, and as my gf Trace said ..... Girly is "my thing" ...

Each Kimmidoll has her own meaning, representing one of "lifes true values". Kimmidolls were based on the Japanese Kokeshi dolls, which were handcrafted by peasant farmers as tokens of love or friendship.
I just love them because they're fun, cute, and all have such beautiful designs on their "dresses". At this stage Kimmi's can only be found in these countries: United Kingdom, Ireland, Singapore, South Africa, New Zealand, Portugal, Hong Kong, France, Japan, United Arab Emirates. Go and have a squizz at the girls at: http://www.kimmidoll.com/


3 comments:

  1. Hi there
    Just saw you're also a Kimmidoll fan. You can buy them at Durban airport!!! That's where I saw my first one and bought one for a friend. I SO wish I had bought one for myself.
    Happy days!
    Kim (believe it or not!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog and I love those dolls too. Also love Pukka and Garu - some really cute Japanese characters.

    Please also check out my blog - I'm a Canadian living and working in Ghana West Africa... and writing about the bizarre experience!

    Cheers

    Holli www.hollisramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the first doll (from here)in the picture the Ayame! its so beautiful, im trying to get my daughter into them at the moment - for her obviously not me :)

    ReplyDelete