about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It's been a while.....

Guys.....seriously...it has been forever. I can't say that I've had much to report, but don't get me wrong, life sure aint boring. The last thing we got up to since my last blog...did I mention it was eons ago! eek....was our trip to the Berg, to my all time favourite Drak Sun, which is the one place I feel I can really just chill. And in a way, it's starting to feel like a home away from home when the staff know you by name, you know which room no. you want, and the kids feel confident enough to get on with things without your constant supervision. So that was an awesome break, but back to reality!

The kids and I at the Drak Sun stables.
We'll be leaving for dinner with Dawn and Bod, Tracey and Andrew, for Nick's birthday, which is on Sunday, but this time we are coming straight home with no detours to Harvey Wahlbangers on the way home, which require a day and a half to recover!! Sigh...it's only when you clock in a 4am in the morning night out session, that you start to rethink the realities of the ageing process let me tell you! LOL!
With work being as busy as it has been ...(always a good thing - bring it on!) I haven't spent much time surfing the net or shopping to find anything new or exciting to report. Seriously...not even a new recipe....things are dire.
As far as our relocation goes, we did meet with the architect last weekend at their official launch of TAMAKWA COUNTRY ESTATE, and people, this I can say.... I am officially REALLY excited about the prospect of building! The architecture will be 'contemporary farmhouse', and the BEST news of all, is that they are hoping to have a GREEN estate....with lots of recycling!!!...sigh...I have arrived. So just holding thumbs that our wonderful house in which we have accumalated such wonderful memories, will touch the heart of another family looking for a place to call home.

1 comment:

  1. A week-end or longer in the Berg is always great to recharge the soul. Glad you all had a good relaxing time.

    ReplyDelete