about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Monday, August 18, 2008

A CHARMED LIFE INDEED!!!

Girlfriends....I have arrived! I am soooo EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!.....feel like I have won a car!...seriously. My friend Ronda managed to accomplish the impossible...and source 2 x copies of "CREATING A CHARMED LIFE"...get this...from the US....through a friend of ours from school, with whom she is still in contact. I'm very blessed to be borrowing Beryl's copy right now, which I finished last night. Truth be told, I have taken verrry long to read it (she must be thinking "WHAT a slow reader!") just so as not to have to part with it, and was absolutely DEVASTATED when we were told the book was out of stock and out of print!! It's the kind of book that you just want to make notes in, and carry around until it's dog-eared, which doesn't always go down too well, when it's ...well...BORROWED...giggle.... But now I will have my own copy, so I'm thinking...maybe this emmigration thing is working for me after all!!!!..LOL!

I really want to share some of the principles with you, so will definitely be sharing them on my blog, as the last part of my post.

Other than that our weekend was really very "CHILLED"...being the operative word...what WAS I saying about winter???... Nick and I were both fighting the sniffs, so had to unfortunately cancel both friday and Saturday nights outings but it gave us the gap to get some bed rest and sip some of my famous ginger/lemon/honey tea to nurse ourselves back to health and wellness....and WE ARE BACK! Maybe it was the crumpets though ....hmmm - delish! Made by the kids.

So here goes my first tip from the book: 1. Create a Charmed Life: The facts belie the superstition. People who seem to lead charmed lives do not have a magical assistant, and they're no better or brighter than anybody else. They have simply put into practice, knowingly or not, the attitudes, aptitudes, and propensities that orchestrate harmonious circumstances. ....so there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment