about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

The bbrrrrrr and the 'ber months?


THE 'ber months …Girlfriends I am just shocked at the rate at which this year has flown …can you believe that we are almost in the ‘BER months, which according to Lindiwe is when you start to plan for ……WAIT FOR IT….wait for it….CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!! EEK!…YOU’RE KIDDING!!!!! Actually it’s right about then that you start writing/SCRAPPING your Christmas cards!..believe it OR NOT! I know most of you are heaving at the fact that I'm even bringing this up, but come on!.... Don't you just love planning your gift wrap theme???? I came across these pics and just had to share them..birthday, Christmas, baby shower or engagement...I just LOVE these gorgeous ideas for giftwrap....Linnie always says...it's allll about PRESENTATION! So try something new...be adventurous!....start with adding a sucker, or a funky pencil to a kids pressie...and then move onto the higher grade stuff...giggle! I DARE YOU!

Ok still in the spirit of "what happened??"... did I just miss winter?????.... Living under African skies, we certainly are blessed with glorious WEATHER, but NEVER have I experienced a winter like this...or NOT experienced a winter at all.....so I certainly haven't felt the bbbrrrrr this year!?? Every day has been a gift of sunshine, clear skies, and still air...so much so that I have had to revert back to my summer wardrobe, and abandon my much loved polo necks and scarves! Not that I'm complaining! Those who know me will testify to the fact that I wear jerseys in mid summer, but I'm proud to say that Trace managed to convince me not to go back to the car for my jersey when we stopped off at 'Vanille' today for a much needed tea...could I be aclimitising????.....bring on the Midlands!!!!

So back to 'Vanille' ...we had spent the morning at Home Affairs applying for id's and I think were both shocked at how quickly we got out of there! Reason to celebrate!!!...although I will admit to being absolutely devastated by the damage done to my newly applied french manicure...UGHHH, by the finger printing...sob! Trace had tears streaming down her face from laughter, ...round about the time I was desperately attempting to selvedge it by shoving my hand into a VERY VINTAGE looking enamel bowl (which we actually stopped to admire mid crisis!! lol!!) of pink....heave...goo and slime...vomit! Trace of course thought it was the ideal photo opportunity, but only a girlfriend with falsies for nails will relate to my utter despair and devastation. So off to 'Vanillle' which is just sooo up our shabby chic alley's. We also visited the new gallery called "FAT TUESDAY"...how devine! Please do pop in there if you're ever in the area - it is SO so worth a visit.

2 comments:

  1. Oh gf, I had a good chuckle cause I've just finished uploading the photos i took with my phone of you and your nails at home affairs, especially for And's and Linnie to see, now they can finally appreciate what really happened!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have been hysterical too - I have a wicked senses of humour and often it is at other people's misfortunes - he he he

    ReplyDelete