Before I "report back", I'd like to just state "for the record" (.And's, gf...your blog today is so true)...here in good old South Africa...PLASTIC is KING!!! EISH!...you'd swear it was our constitutional right (and we're big on that down here) to accept and have as much plastic as possible on a daily basis!.....but onto my "Go Green Campaign"...
1. fail - well I can conclusively say that point 1 and 5 go hand in hand. I did fail, miserably I might add, at point no 5, which for me, was the most important one. I felt it was the one thing that wasn't that easy to achieve, because it requires conscious effort, and is so critical to the environment.
2. smile when you answer the phone - no problem :-)
3. praise people - I love this one....I have praised EVERYONE people - truly....in another life, I would want to be friends with me, I praised people so much...the written word, the spoken word...you name it, praise and worship all the way!.....but always keeping it real!
4. bake something for a friend - ok I am so going to have to carry this one over..... sorry Lindiwe...your tupperware is going to have to remain with me for another week!
5. decline plastic bags whenever possible - why is it, that when you decline plastic bags at the counter, they still feel the need to put something/ANYTHING in a smaller clear plastic bag (but it's for free they say!???)....and so it went....and then a new shop...absent mindedly chatting (and praising the staff!!), I let down my guard, and blow me down with a feather if she doesn't sweetly slip my parcel (in plastic packet!!!!!!!!!!! - eish!!) into my eco friendly bag, which I only noticed after I got home and unpacked....also...it helps if you do this one in tandem with your husband, because the moment you turn your back to look at the flowers, everyone (including hubby) gets plastic happy!!...mission failed...carrying this one over...
Just wanted to share this photo - one of my favourite photo's taken of "Lily", our beautiful Dutch quack duck. Unfortunately both her and Leonardo, got taken by a bird of prey, which was devastating, but particularly in her case, because we had all grown so fond of having her in our lives. She would have loved this week's weather, and on the odd occassion when she thought noone was looking, took great delight in diving into our swimming pool, and would also cruise into the house like she owned the place....! We really have missed you this week!! :-(THIS WEEKS CHALLENGE
1. remember people's names ....????? :-/
2. grow something with a child.
3. write to someone who inspires you.
4. do something you think you are unable to do....(so many choices, so little time!)
5. turn off applicances at the mains.