Okay, going through the list on the ‘we are what we do’ website, I found there were so many items I was already aware of, or already doing (bearing in mind I’ve been slowly turning green for a while now!!), AND, we're going into the 3rd week of this challenge!! So just thought that this week I would shake things up a little bit by combining a few actions from the site (in green) with a few of my own actions I thought of (purple) ….
1. Avoid waste: I don’t do waste – it upsets me, it annoys me…it freaks me out…I am generally pretty good in this department, but when I do slip up it gets me down, so this is worth having on my list to avoid me, as Tracy would say,…’slapping myself upside the head’ later!!! LOL!
2. Give your change to charity: car guards and street children who sniff glue, don’t count!!..sorry for that!
3. Leave work on time/early at least once a week: for the sake of my children.
4. Reinstitute our “family blessing” system: about a year ago I instituted a “blessing system” in our family, where every night before bed, we would each draw a name from the little decoupage box, and that was the person you had to actively make an effort towards blessing the next day….whether it was making them tea, or helping them with a chore, or running their bath…just something small or big, to show our love and appreciation for having each other in our lives…..it was awesome, and I’m so sad we lost track of this…it really helped us become aware and conscious of how not to take the small things we do for each other for granted, and that appreciation can be shown in small meaningful ways, and the kids really thought of some interesting things! I highly recommend you try this, if you get buy in from the family … from now on will stay on my list….
5. Write my husband and children a love letter or note……
6. Grow something with a child: C/O (omg - there is now officially a code for Carried over = C/O)
FEEDBACK ON LAST WEEK....
1. Remember people's names: ....????? :-/….i tried I really did…and I only slipped up once!
2. Grow something with a child: ….give me a break! (carried over)
3. Write to someone who inspires you: ….i did…I wrote a card to someone..
4. Do something you think you are unable to do: ....(so many choices, so little time!)….AHA!!!!...i managed to pick a lock of a cabinet I desperately needed to open, after my dh had tried and declared it ‘not possible’….doing a jig…doing a jig – u-huh…yeah!
5. Turn off applicances at the mains: …..yes…slipped up a few times here, and all I have to say is NEVER underestimate the power of a HOT bath…..