about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Short and sweat...I mean sweet!!!

okay...it's late-ish....i have just got back from hip hop dance class, and I am FINISHED! I usually post to my blog when I've had time to mull over something profound or significant that I feel is worth sharing or recording, but tonight, sitting here in the dark I think I was more in search of peace and the stillness that usually comes with bedtime...which I love, love, love, but I still have a way to go before that, so I find myself here...just sitting...... Every single night without fail, as I lay down my head, I say the same thing, either silently, or aloud, "...hmmm....i LOVE my bed", and if I don't say it aloud, my dh has once or twice said it for me. I'm a busy Bee, so for me, my bed is my rightful passage to the happy world of nod, free of guilt, free of noise, when little people are in dreamland...absolute bliss....and most nights I don't even dream.....(probably because I dream all day long I guess- LOL!!)
So my intention was not to post, but here I am. And if you live a charmed life, there's ALWAYS something worth sharing, so here it is, but tonight's will be short and sweet.....

Some will relate I'm sure when I talk about having conversations with God at different times and places, and as I've said before, mine certainly aren't your conventional, IN A CHURCH - kind of way. We find each other in the strangest places, but mainly in nature, when I sit and marvel at the beauty of it, and how it all came to be. I have a friend who often finds her answers in the shower...never happened to me before, maybe because I don't shower I bathe!!!!! and maybe because this is the time when I'm concentrating on the best way to shave confortably ...STANDING UP!!!! Well yesterday was a first for me, because whilst washing hair (in the shower), my mind went back to Friday's storm and how blessed I was to not have experienced some of the devastation felt by so many who were affected......and the more I thought about it, the more I realised how lucky we were, especially considering my husband and 11 eight year old children were out in the forest playing paintball(yes, yes I KNOW!!..last time it SNOWED!!!!) At one point I actually asked.."Why is it that I was so lucky not to have anything taken from me??"....and blow me down with a feather, if the answer didn't come right back to me!!!!..."because you were chosen to give"...and I could swear I heard a "gf" at the end...

I know this sounds crazy, but those of you who know me well, will know, it's really not that crazy for me. It was such a direct answer that within 20 mins. I was in Checkers FILLING THAT TROLLEY!!! I am such a firm believer that if we really listen, so many of our answers are available to us if we look within, or really pay attention to whoever we believe provides the answers....I've often thought about abundance, and been grateful for the blessings we have experienced as a family, which are tenfold, and yesterday was like a revelation for me, not because I was prompted to give - we always have, but because I now believe that possibly, I was chosen to give, because I can, and I have to, and that is my part and responsibility.
These crazy pics were taken last Friday night (Gateway) at our squash get together tenpin night!! I told you lumo colours were coming back!!

4 comments:

  1. I must say I have often thought about things like that, but just never written them down. What you have said is so true. Thanks for such an inspiring entry.

    Looks like you had fun bowling!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow bee thats awesome - God does talk to us in different ways - and the fact you heard such a typical comment from Him makes me smile inside.you were born to give and give you have to all of us in so many ways and now continue to give to others aswell - well done for being such an obedient human being and a willing vessel - we are all part of one big team - earth civillians team -and we all play a different role - such a privaledge !!! i adore you now and always will. totally honoured to know you, your friend forever, linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...I am speechless gf...when is the book coming out, I WANT the first copy....you are such an inspiration my friend, don't waste this talent...SHARE IT!!!!!! Your job is to give...and to write and you give more than you think through your writing, so thank you for my daily fix, once again it has given me pause to ponder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with Andrea - write a book - you are amazingly talented ...

    And I believe you give not to receive but just to be able to help ... well done!! I have now found two angels on this Earth - you and my friend, Kate ... both such pure girlfriends ...

    Love, Tracy

    ReplyDelete