about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Butterflies need no excuse....to smell the roses.

I sometimes have those days and moments where I ask myself, "how did I let myself get talked into this???"...... . Most of the time it's because I know that I have so much on that "to do list" already, and why oh why couldn't I just have said "NO". Last week Wednesday - the day before we were due to leave for our camping trip in the Berg, a few of us parents spent the morning lifting our children to school and back, on an outing to a textile factory. Needless to say it was one of those moments where I wondered why I do this to myself and commit to things that take me away from my desk, work, pressing responsibilities, AND PACKING FOR A CAMPING TRIP!!..that requires you pack everything, BEHALWE the kitchen sink - infact - NO - even that!!!!! - and to pay for your sins, you're then left playing "catch up" for the rest of the day.

As I arrived home, I was greeted by one of the most BEAUTIFUL butterflies I have ever seen in my garden, and thanks to my trip to the textile factory, not only was the timing perfect, but I just SO HAPPENED to have my camera on the seat next to me, so I could capture this miracle of nature...well this simple little experience made my day, it really did, and had the flower child in me skipping along saying "you see - you see...if you'd been at your desk you would have missed this opportunity to smell the roses by catching a butterfly".
The last few weeks of glorious weather has left our garden FULL of these beautiful wonders of nature. As my desk is positioned in front of large windows, with a view of their playground, I find myself gazing unashamedly as minutes tick by, at these little miracles of nature. With their beautiful wings all different shapes, patterns and colour combinations, I can see why they give so much pleasure, and need no excuse....and how lucky I was to be in the right place at the right time after all.

4 comments:

  1. oh what a lovely post Bee - awesome pics of the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right in that we often don't enjoy the moment we are in because we are too preoccupied with why. That butterfly is probably the most beautiful I have also seen and you were so blessed to share its happy moments with it. Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was mee it was meee......loved the photos gf!
    xxx
    A

    P.S. Had a bee trapped in my house yesterday and a visitor tried to squash it and had me shouting no no you can't do that you may be killing my friend - words simply cannot describe the look I got.....eish they just don't get it gf :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What stunning pictures. You see, things in life happen for a reason and like you said, you were meant to go out otherwise you would not have seen these wonderful creatures. I am also fascinated by them but we don't have many at all in our garden.

    ReplyDelete