about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

A hot and cold day...ice and sun...

My DH could not believe that for the first time since it's inception, Coffee Club never happened this week....he says it's nothing short of a miracle...LOL, and I say that sometimes...jealousy can make you really nasty!

But alas, it's true...for the first time, even throughout holiday periods, we've missed our creamy cappuccinos and chinwags. The problem is that we're all off doing other stuff, as we join the rest of the country....and float along on this little bubble of "World Cup" happiness. I was just contemplating as we frantically pack for our trip away, how wonderful these last few weeks have been - besides the fact that for me, it's been a very much needed form of distraction. I have just marvelled at the fact that our children get to experience this hype, joy, excitement, and just...I guess...for a country and province like ours....all the improvement and growth that has come with it....in more ways than one... . Nothing in life is ever perfect, but so far it's been one heck of a ride!This little group of friends are becoming really tight...all different ages and sizes...they look out for each other...sadly half our troop was missing...
Today Vee, Trace, Dawn and I visited the ice-rink in Durban. Not only was it great to see the refurb (AT LAST!! - wasn't that overdue?!?!), but we literally had the ice-rink all to ourselves, barr 2 other Mums who were there with their kids...it waaas AMAZING. Fortunately for us, ques started for the afternoon session as we were leaving. Clearly we hit the jackpot!
Of course the Moms skated....!!...some of us..no names mentioned are having "out of body experiences today"....you know that feeling when your body just doesn't feel like your own....hmmm...ya that one....We treated the kids to a Wimpy lunch at Suncoast - the vibe, the weather and the venue just couldn't be beat today....it's like playing tourist in your own country...seeing all the changes, everything new and PURTY:-)...I have no doubt that at the end of it all, we'll be left with all the stories, the memories, and all the wonderful improvements we've seen every day.....

On Saturday we leave for another campervan trip...this time to the E.Transvaal (Mpumalanaga) area. Our children's first experience of all the wonderful sights this region has to offer...and of course, their first time ever to KRUGER! Everyone is sooo excited...I guess Ill be swopping big city lights, perfume and bling, for star spangled skies, leopard print and animal hide...EISH.....:-)

2 comments:

  1. how wonderfull - ice skating - well done ! To be benefiting from all the improvements and atmosphere that world cup has introduced must lekker. ANOTHER TRIP - yippeeeee how exciting - enjoy enjoy enjoy. Look forward to hearing all about it when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see all the pics from your trip Bee, that little camera is going to be working OVERTIME gf. Looks like your day at the ice rink was such fun, my kids always LOVED it there!

    ReplyDelete