about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A promise for the season

We've been back to school for two days now. I've promised myself that this term is going to be different, and it is - I can already feel it.

Having fingers in a lot of pies can mean you are surrounded by possibility and opportunity - all of the time - kinda like the kid in a candy store:-) - it stretches you, AND it fills you up. But it's always good to roll with the tides, and so this term, this season, I'm channelling.

As we are now, (supposed to be) fully into winter, I really want to enjoy the last few weeks of it, be intentional about what I do and how I spend my time, before spring comes around, and things start to get crazy again, and it's festive.

I'm channelling my time to include more down time, more structured time, more health time. I think it's so good to seperate the seasons, by doing different things, or doing things differently.

So for now, for these last 6 weeks, I'm really going to continue our rituals of .............

Enjoying soul food

Set the dinner table "special"....every night, with linen serviettes

Candles...ooh candles.....(ok that's every season, but lots of candles in bulk!)

Hot baths, warm slippers and lots of cuddling with my family

Warm, balmy DRY days

House painting - actually painting of any kind...like furniture...YU-MMY

Beautiful, beautiful, sunsets

Reading...lots of reading....

Exercise - I can't believe I said that but hey!

Crochet...YAY to YARN!....winter is so the time for all the YUMMY YARNS

Bonfires outside on the porch with blankies

Baking...a warm kitchen and the smell of baking

Fairy lights...ok that's another any season thang, but nothing better than being welcomed home by fairy lights in winter.....

I dunno...might sound crazy, but we just don't do all these things throughout the entire year. Each season brings a new routine, and a new joy with it.....what are you loving about your season, what do you do differently???

Part of leading a charmed life, is to create a little ceremony around the cycles of it...that's my thought for the day:-)

4 comments:

  1. Love all these points...getting me thinking here ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it love it love it....... especially the crochet PART!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post Bee, inspirational as always gf xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Refreshing mid-year.... rather late than never hey. You sounding so more YOU again. Full of sparkle. Lovely post Bee.

    ReplyDelete