about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

**SIGH**

I LOVE, I WISH.....once upon a time, I lived in a vintage little caravan like this...

After a lovely weekend, Sunday afternoon bliss for me has been spending time in my QE2... our little holiday home on wheels:-).....she's called Elizabeth - Lizzie for short:-)

She's not brand new....she has a history, and I love that about her. She does however, have everything and more that we had ticked on our wishlist, and it was a pretty specific wishlist. She came at a time when we said "we'll never find her" - "THE ONE", but if we did, then we'd know, it was meant to be. My heart led me to where we would find her, and when we saw her, we just *KNEW*.

So her and I hung out this afternoon - just seemed like an awesome way to spend a lovely chilled Sunday afternoon. I decided today, whilst I packed her full of goodies in preparation for next weekend's camping trip, that somewhere in the future, I want to make her ALL MINE. Time spent with her always restores my soul....she's one of my pink things, a happy place, a place where our family get to do things differently...a place where we chill...hangout, shoot the breeze....

she deserves some loving like this maybe??...

I would love to do this.....i would i would i would....(is this heaven???)

sigh...sigh...sigh.....

because then I would ALWAYS WANT TO be here.....

Not that I don't already....:-)...SIGH......

I have been counting the sleeps since .......waaaay back when.....until six awesome families will spend quality time together....outdoors from sun up to sun down....and beyond:-)....around the braai.....heavenly....roll on next Friday....sorry...I know that's being cheeky, since you've only JUST come and gone.....but a girl can dream can't she???....giggle..

2 comments:

  1. there is def something special about a caravan holiday and we miss our "big girl" and all the lazy weekends at Bazley terribly. Have an awesome time next weekend, knowing you it will be a wonderful soulful time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT! how stunning is those interiors.... mmmmm love the first one. total 100% yumminess... Now I have TOTAL and UTTER caravan envy chick.
    Looking forward the weekend too - STUNNING weather predicted so going to be awesome.... you just ommitted one little detail that is bound to be added to the weekend: CROCHET around the fire, under the stars, mmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete