about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Everything passes....

A beach weekend with both families and their dogs...i'm hoping for this.....that they'll hang, like old friends:-)
ahhhhhhh.....finally I feel like I can see a glimmer of light.....that represents my life from a few weeks ago, before our home became the place where *'to do's* took hostage of our family!!! It was a hostile take over at that....i went kicking and screaming, resenting the fact that all the time I seemed to be spending with my children, revolved around tasks, chores, schedules and more of all that!!  But eventually, as is the case with all things that need to be done, we all settled into the routine, of "let's just suck it up, and get those 'to do's' on our 'ta-daaa' list!!  To say that my children have impressed me this last term with their commitment and perserverance towards a ridiculous amount of school work (in my humble opinion), is an UNDERSTATEMENT - my observation is that, as a Mom, juuuust when you think you're about to pop over the edge, things happen that surprise you, which is often just what you need, not a minute too late, to regain your composure....oh and lots of mantras that go..."this too shall pass"....and my absolute favourite "inch by inch an elephant's a synch:-). 

Exams and the 12 projects (hey..when things feel overwhelming I COUNTDOWN OK??) we've had over the last few weeks, are now a thing of the past, and all I can do is hope and pray that they are both rewarded with the results deserving of the effort they have so dilligently put in (so that I can prove that Mom's always right!! back up my theory of "what you put in is what you get out" ...please Lord let it be!!).

We woke this morning to a beautiful sunny day, with promise of 2 more days of beach temperatures and sunny skies....yes please!  I feel so ready to run out and embrace this *time out*!!! Packing this morning and then off to a weekend away with friends....

Just one snag.....yesterday we had our first 'puppy playdate'  with puppachino's and all:-))) - my two sweet girls thought it was *heaven*.  We figured best to introduce our little girls to the 2 boy friends they'l be beaching with this weekend.  Ahem...yes well, some things do take time ....at some point in the playdate, when things were not looking promising - Hunter barking way too excitedly and licking his lips at the sight of our tiny, teensy weensy little Jasmine, I do recall anxiously looking over at Candice and saying..."I'm so ok with this - I really am".. 
<> 
<>
 
Just planning what to pack for the girl pupps:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment