about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Monday, November 22, 2010

How does my garden grow?

 After a weekend away at the beach, my soul is restored.  I am ALWAYS aprehensive about my feelings regarding the spring season, but never before has my garden been so full of life, growth and promise...  

This morning the pups and I took a stroll all over the property so they could run wild and explore - this is a place that always makes me stop and smile, as I take it all in.  Such simple stuff I tell you, but I'm so grateful for it all.

I see my children in every corner of this garden - I see their muddy little footprints everywhere - and the footprints of their friends.  I see my husband taking in the view while he has his quiet time, and I feel the love and friendship we've enjoyed here.  I can hear my little ones chasing butterflies and chickens, and oooh'ing and aah'ing over newborn baby chicks.  I see them shrieking each time they see and identify a new bird, find chameleons, and the times they've seen our visiting buck.....and I love the way they (still) run from bees - lol!  
They have played, prayed, explored, laughed, cried, hurt, hunted, rested, and grown up in this garden.    
 I have tried, in vain, for as long as I can remember, to sucessfully grow tomatoes....I won't bore you with the failures I've had, but tomatoes trees now grow with reckless abandon, in all the places they *shouldn't*:-)))....but each time I pop a cherry into my mouth, I'm amaaazed, that they're HOMEGROWN!!  This one particular tomato tree is LADEN - none of us have EVER seen one so full of fruit???....just shows you, when it's meant to be, it'll be where it's meant to be...:-)   
I feel like the trees watch over us here.  Some parts of our garden are neat and orderly, while others rambling and wild.    
 This year the mango tree has produced her first fruit.  Just last night our boy was saying how much he loves "wet" (fresh) mango...I'm holding thumbs that he'll soon be able to pick them straight from the tree:-))

 My hydrangeas are starting to shine....i've missed them....they provide colour and love in the home every time I step inside...
And these little pink blossoms remind me how much i still love, love, love PINK.

1 comment:

  1. love this post gf, really full of contentment...glad you in such a good space xxx

    ReplyDelete