about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

AUTUMN

As we welcome autumn, I can't help but reflect on the fact that summer just wasn't herself this year.  She's been shy, reluctant, and maybe somewhat confused about whether it was her turn or not.  I feel like her and I just haven't spent enough quality time together....




Our grass started turning a few weeks ago, but I've been in denial, citing that it was too much harsh sunlight, which is true - kind of, but in my heart of hearts, I know the real reason the grass is turning, is of course because it is undeniably now AUTUMN.

So as I wistfully look back, wondering why summer seemed so fleeting, it's strange how these photo's of what seemed like a thousand AUTUMNS ago, also a reminder that time is fleeting, popped into my head.....
This season has a charm all of it's own, bright sunny days, and cool crisp evenings.....the best of both worlds I guess:-)

3 comments:

  1. At least with the arrival of autumn with rain should start to subside...March/April was always one of my fav times in SA.

    Hope you have lots of lovely stuff planned for your birthday, I am hitting Edinburgh with Lin, Kerry and Tanya so CAN'T WAIT!

    xxxx
    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. hell yes i too cant wait Andrea - lovely photos Bee of your little ones from years ago......i love fallen leaves - each is unique - the warm cinnamons and rich ruby reds and spiced mustard colours make me drool ...not forgetting the smooth chocolate and vanilla fudge coloured leaves
    AUTUMN TRULY IS A BUFFET FOR MY EYES

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it fall where you are? That's so strange. Nice to meet a new friend. Have fun playing in the leaves:)

    ReplyDelete