about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Friday, February 25, 2011

DREAMCATCHER

The word DREAM is just everywhere at the moment, and since i'm a "sign reader" I generally tend to act on things when they present themselves time and time again....  It's strange how words FIND YOU....I spoke about this in a previous post about TIME, but the thing with DREAM is, it really wasn't supposed to be my word this year, but it may as well have been.  It's got my name all over it at the moment, and no matter how much I try and ignore it, it just won't go away, instead, it's coming to me in all shapes, forms and sizes...right now, I guess you could call me a DREAMCATCHER:-D.  It's stalking me, following me around like a paparazzi - and I'm just thinking....how weird is this???...time and dream are two words I really don't think share a close association, and besides, it was all about TIME this year....it just doesn't fit into my PLANS!!! - you know how when a girl get's something in her head.....but life does work in mysterious ways doesn't it....

So here's what I'm thinking.....you need to really, really take TImE to DrEaM, and maybe that's my message...time and dream altogether, wrapped up in one neat little partnership, like two little love birds that spread joy and beautiful song....:-))...sigh....

But here's another reason why DREAM has been stalking me....I have been asked, nudged and cajoled into facilitating a DREAM CLUB over the next 12 weeks - starting 2 weeks ago already with our first session, which was AWESOME!!  I'm excited, I'm nervous, I'm DREAMING that soon we will DARE to DANCE ....but more about that in a later post:-)).....

Sticking with dreams, I really wanted to share the news that today we returned from a 5 day adventure, living one of our all time dreams, a bucket list item actually, and I wanted to share it, because I do believe that with the right tools, dreams SO DO COME TRUE!
Just cruizin'.....

This morning our family returned from our wonderful adventure on the cruise ship, the Sinfonia.  I have no doubt that this unforgettable experience is something we will all treasure forever – as young as our children may be, these last 5 days are firmly embedded in their hearts and minds, and likewise with Nick and I.  During the build up to our trip we all worked hard and made our share of sacrifices, so our children have learnt that work hard, play hard is so worth it in the end....

number of years ago, I created a vision board which I placed on a mirror in my dressing room.  Throughout the day, every single member of our family uses this area – probably because you can pretty much find anything you’re looking for in there :-DD- ...now I’m not saying I’m a hoarder, or a collector of sorts, …this is ORGANISED CRIME, where everything has it’s place…most of the time.  I guess one could say my dressing room is an extension of my HANDBAG, only more stuff…..need I say more???  But I digress…back to my vision board…..vision boards have to be in a place where you will see it, and feel it, and my 'girlfriend room' is where I have those quiet little moments with myself, as I contemplate life, give thanks, (and mull over just how and why cellulite gets into places you almost never knew you had!!).  I only realised a few weeks ago that the last two items that were still left on that board from 2008, have both come to fruition in the last 2 months!!  I truly believe that goals and dreams are such important things to have.  However you also need to the tools to accomplish them – a vision board has proved to be one of the most powerful things I have ever done from a personal growth, self belief and motivational point of view.  If you don’t have well defined dreams and goals, you’ll never achieve them.  Seeing dreams come true only motivates you to dream bigger and better….even if you start with something small…just DREAM it, and vision board it!


Love is...shoes...anyway you can get them!
The girls swimming at Barra
Sammy and Bri' snorkeling at The Portuguese Islands
Beautiful crystal clear waters at P I
The beach infront of Casa Do Sol - Mozambique
Beautiful beach area - low tide outside Casa do Sol
Me and my honey - Barra
Bartering for shells....
Barra
Sabrina and Paigey - Tropical Party on Deck
Girl power - and ONE BOY
Quiet time at the back of the boat.....
.....sigh.....sometimes no captions necessary.....
The Sinfonia's amazing DREAM TEAM with our littlies...an amazing group of HAPPY ...and there's that word dream again!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a FAB experience...those beaches are magnificent! So so glad you had such a wonderful time, another memory to treasure xxxx

    ReplyDelete