about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The magic of May

A little bit of eye candy can go a long way....
How is it possible that I have no sooner finished dishing the dirt about April, and June is already yapping at my heels like a welcoming puppy....seriously?  I'm thinking.....when did this become a monthly blog??

- when my girlie started preparing for and writing exams?

- when my boy started playing rugby? (and my words "you will never play that game if it's the last thing I see to" seem a million, futile miles away now, lost in the galaxy of  'i lost that battle fair and square')...:-(

- when being in the summer of your life means your days are as unpredictable as they are long...

The silver lining in all of this though is that:

- today girl chicken finishes her exams, and we have travelled another long, dusty, bumpy road together, as mother and daughter, holding each other up along the way, and we have grown closer for it.

- boy chicken is enjoying every minute of launching himself onto much much bigger boys, and holding onto their ankles for dear life, until they finally relent and drop like a stone:-) .....  

- although these summer days of our lives are long, unpredictable and often exhausting, there is always a whole lot of magic woven into it too.....even if you only find the time to reflect and ponder on it...ONCE A MONTH!!!!:-))

No comments:

Post a Comment