about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mellow yellow.

Sometimes we think we know ourselves....but then I go and fall madly in love with yellow again:-D, and I am very quickly reminded of that famous old saying that goes....never say never. 

I vowed yellow and I would never be friends again, I reminded myself that you can forgive people for MOST things....but some things can follow you all the days of your life!!  I mean after all - it's also just so "80's", and whilst i loooooove 80's, it's the music that takes me back there.....I mean who doesn't have a memory or three attached to "Tainted Love"!!??  Well clearly, for whatever reason, yellow had a thing for me, and for some reason, like an undecided visitor, I kept stepping up to the door, and then turning away again.

Maybe it was the love of 80's music, coupled with the LUMO and yellow revival that finally broke through my stubborn streak and made more of an impression on me than i realised:-D...The thing is, pink and I had run our course, and grey was happy to let someone else in.  Yellow took me back to my youth, and reminded me of some really mellow yellowy days....and suddenly it didnt seem like such a crazy idea after all.  SO....I took the plunge on the back of "I solemnly swear to only wear certain shades of yellow, to wear it tastefully and to never wear it with black :-/ ..except if it's just a smidgen?  I will enjoy it's 'sunnyness' to the max, wear it with pride and always be mindful of the fact that it has been said to bring clarity, and bring relief from SAD, confusion and indecision". 

What I've learnt about yellow (besides the fact that you can write a WHOLE BLOGPOST about it:-D) is that it can be... kind of ..."in your face".  Some would say she's an attention seeker, but I think she's just really strong - able to stand on her own - she don't need a loota "stuff", so you just need to be a little subtle with her. 

My mellow back to yellow reminds me of how often in life we are wrong about things we feel so sure about; that you can go back - to things that served you well - heck revivals happen all the time!  That things do really go in cycles.and circles; that we can revive old friendships and put a whole new spin on it:-D....and that you really should never, say never.....    

No comments:

Post a Comment