about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Monday, September 5, 2011

HIP HOP...

Berry and Pine - my dance partner in crime - photographer by day....dance diva by night
 Sometimes, you meet the nicest people in the strangest places...and they are people you would never have met, if you hadn't ventured out into new territory!

Monday night's are my dance nights - this is the only form of exercise I could even possibly contemplate doing ...frankly i would rather stand and hold a horse in the rain than do squats in a gym:-/...and if you know me, you would know that standing in the rain is really REALLY hard to do, seeing as "wet and cold" and I, have never and will never, be friends....uh-uh

The best part about voluntarily choosing to make a fool of myself exercise in this way, was that i was truly blessed to meet some special people along the way, who rock my Monday nights, like Greys Anatomy never could:-D.  "Pine"(my affectionate name for her) - generally she goes by the name of Michelle, but she's just PINE to me...it's a long story, but ...I'm gonna tell it anyway:-D....if you look closely, her cutsey top is an ultra cool 'Pineapple' dancewear top, she recently brought back from the UK.  To tell you the truth,  she was DUNKED pineapple from head to toe:-D...needless to say the name stuck...but it's Pine for short.  I'm the berry, so together we figured we could make a mean cocktail!

We couldn't be more opposite if we tried.  She's the awesome kind of sweetness that knows no boundaries - the kind that you can see a mile away - i'm the sassy that you spell with a capital S; yet we laugh so hard together sometimes it hurts - plus we arrive dressed the same for class, unplanned, no memo - the photographer in her had to capture the moment!  I guess what amazes me is that if I hadn't decided to take the first step and just dance, I would have missed out on knowing these awesome people that make my Monday nights, and getting all the extra benefits that come with sometimes getting off the couch and out of your comfort zone.  They say you should try and do something that frightens you every day.  Well it's been months since I started my first class, feeling about as comfortable as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs:-D, and yet I'm so glad i took this HOP towards HIP...this cat's come a looong way....

No comments:

Post a Comment