about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Monday, February 6, 2012

This photo..

ok seriously....sometimes you need a sign....i've been searching....i've looked so hard I feel emotionally dazed and confused...I'm spent....searching, deliberating, wondering if and when I should return to blogging...i never really left....it just ...happened...and I have struggled to find my way back....get into my groove.
After the prom I tried really hard last year to be really good at prioritising, and 'single tasking'...it WORKED wonders!!  But the truth is I fell behind in other things that were not, at the onset of my year, high on my list of priorities.....it was a big year for our family, so they came first, along with exercise, health, blah blah...and blogging slipped lower and lower down the list...

And then whilst stopping in for visits with some of my favourite blog friends, I noticed a trend...so many of us seemed to be taking "sabbaticals"....it made it ok.......but I missed it nonetheless...

At the start of 2012 I promised myself I would try really hard to make blogging one of my priorities, because I do so so love being in this space....but in the back of my mind, I have toyed with the how, what's and why's...today I was busy editing THIS PHOTO for my daughter, when I stumbled across an option to 'blog post', with the click of ONE EASY BUTTON...no ways...can't be, and yet, when I checked it, she was here...my sweet little girl's face...almost as if to say...."Mom seriously, you should hang here more often!".... 

And maybe I will!:-)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous photo of your first born, she is beautiful B. I also had been taking a break from blogging...spending time with family was more important too!

    ReplyDelete