about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Friday, February 17, 2012

FRIDAY – my true grit day!

Today is happy Friday', but it’s also a white sky Friday.  These mystical Hillcrest days make everything in my world seem peaceful, serene, quiet. Sitting here, looking out across our beautiful valley, so still, I can’t help but feel just a tad disappointed that this morning’s crazy dance class is going to ruin that for me.  Truth is I could sit here all day long on days like this…zoned out to life, zoned it to crazy cricket talk and bird babble…..whilst enjoying the absence of lawnmowers!

Fridays really are one of my ‘true grit’ days…..the day where i have to show true grit - i have to dig really deep to show up at dance class.  I have to commit to a solid hour of craziness and hurt, for the sake of health – so how DOES that work again….if it hurts it’s healthy right??  It is just so worth it though, but DANG on days like this - fluffy, white, magical days, where the sky reminds me a soft white blanket that’s just come out of a delicates cycle…..it’s just meaner than spit to not be able to crawl back under one just like it, and quietly contemplate the weekend.

There is a silver lining, isn’t there always??…Pf YES!!?  ....  in reality my Monday evening and Friday morning classes have come to mean a lot to me, and it’s only the Fridays that I sometimes find a squeeze.  They have come to symbolise some of the changes I have made in my life over the last year, and are a reminder to my heart, that I HAVE the resolve to commit to things, even though there are times when, in a crazy busy life, it would make things a whole lot easier and more comfortable, if they went ‘unnoticed’.

Change is growth, commitment is discipline, and anything in life that requires TRUE GRIT is shaping us into stronger, better people.  It’s on the TRUE GRIT days that you need to really lean into that stitch in your side, and if you can, it’s such a liberating feeling, because those are the days where you really find the strength in you.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that the sacrifices and true grit days in life that are really hard, make you feel like you could do this, everytime you ACE THEM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment