about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

The importance of a Girlfriend

Those who know me, understand that the "G" word and I go hand in hand. Along with cupcakes, and afternoon teas in rosy posy cups, VANILLA, AND FAMILY of course! ... there is nothing more precious than a GIRLFRIEND! As my card from one of my best girlfriends in the world, EVER, says ..... "A GIRLFRIEND is a sister you choose, a girlfriend is the one person on this earth you feel whole with, the one you share who you really are with".... and that my friends is just a small part of why my girlfriends mean the world to me. Here is a pic of my "mini-me" girlfriend, who just had to peg the washing in her shades....."for the glare"...sigh... such a gf thing to do! (lol)

Everyone has to have a girlfriend, and they can be "virtual" girlfriends too, because a gf knows where you're coming from and everything you're dreaming about! ... no matter where they are in the world. And speaking of "virtual", which seem to be the "rage" in my life at the moment (lol), one of my favourite people has got to be O! I have the O earings, and just love love love O's inspiration and forum for sharing, which is just such A GIRLFRIEND THING TO DO! So here is one of my latest "gf" tips to do in the home lately .....

No comments:

Post a Comment