about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

LIFE'S LIKE A BOX OF CHOCOLATES.

Sigh....I loved that movie. Not sure who came up with the saying, but this last week, has for me, epitomised the meaning of this phrase, and really brought home how we go through life, and we "just never know what we're gonna get!!".

In the space of 8 short days, my little circle of friends have experienced the following:- 1 birth, 3 birthdays, 1 divorce, 1 house move, 1 death, 1 x stolen car, 1 x funeral. Whew!... it's been a busy week...and let me tell you, the last 4 items on the list, belonged to one person!...so I think we can safely say that this week's box of chocolates certainly was a mix! I mean we had it all! At one stage I couldn't keep track of what gift wrap to use, or who I was buying flowers for, AND FOR WHAT! Do I use the baby giftwrap, oh no wait,.... she's due the housewarming gift...eek....!!! ..it wasn't funny at the time...lol!

As some of you may know, And's gave birth to her little angel Nicholas (awesome name my friend!) on the 29th July, my friend Lindiwe's (short for Lindy!) divorce came through on the 4th August(now what gift do you get for that???), Trace moved into her new house on the 30th July, sadly her father Dave passed away on the 5th August, her car was stolen on the 6th August, and her father's funeral was on the 7th August. As I said to Trace...things can ONLY get better. But it's during times like these that we really reflect on the meaning of life and how and why things happen, and we learn the most about ourselves and we grow. So yes it has been some week, and I think in many respects, the start to the month of August for us, has been somewhat of a blur, as we look around and go....what happened?? ....which reminds me of something I read in the book I am currently reading, which by the way, has got to be one of the most incredible books I have ever read. "Creating a Charmed Life" by Victoria Moran is a real treat!....http://www.victoriamoran.com/charmed_life.html..but in the book she says...."Some people make things happen, others watch things happen. The reast wonder what happened?"...I had to giggle (softly with my sleeping husband next to me) as I could so relate to the last part, when I think back on this last week....and I wonder...if someone had a camera to film some of my facial expressions, I'm sure most of them would clearly have been the look that says "Did that just happen???"

But amidst ALL of this, Trace and I have still been able to share a good few laughs and tears, and pondered on the good and there has been good....there ALWAYS IS... and that's what counts!

2 comments:

  1. Some people make things happen, others watch things happen. The rest wonder what happened - this is a saying I quite enjoy too and sometimes you just wonder about those that just "wonder".

    Terrible news about Tracy's dad.

    Like they say - Life is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you are going to get.

    Keep well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right ... life ALWAYS gets better - even when that light at the end of the LOOONG tunnel looks like an oncoming train ...

    I read "The Charmed Life" about 7 years ago and I have been in love with life for the whole of this time (despite some sadness and a few disappointments and irritations along the way, of course - but "THAT'S LIFE!!!") - I do lead a Charmed Life and I love it - must pull my "dog-eared" copy out of a box and read it again.

    I like to say that LIFE IS LIKE A BOX OF CHOCOLATES WITH A FEW LEMONS THROWN IN FOR GOOD MEASURE ...

    ReplyDelete