Day one started with a very early 3am start, (hmm – still not a morning person!) with our overexcited children admitting to having woken almost hourly, for fear of missing any of the action! The benefit of having packed the campervan the night before meant we could have our tea, and literally relocate children – still in pj’s from one bed into another! Did that take the stress out of our early morning departure OR WHAT!
At 4am 'our bus' departed, with our little people lying comfortably in the van’s double bed, watching the world go by and the sun come up, through the big back window – they were beside themselves with excitement, and I must admit that leaving together with the Bod’s (our travelling friends) made it even more novel.
The 11.5 hour trip from Hillcrest to Morgan’s Bay in East London (which we originally thought would be 8 – IGNORANCE IS BLISS!!), felt like a trip to the
Arriving at Morgan’s
- our first ever roadtrip in a mobile home - I have no doubt the first of more to come!
- making sarmies and ploghman's platters on the road - I would eventually become an expert - although the bruises on my thighs may tell a different story!..LOL!
- watching our children have fun playing on the rocks, lagoon and on the sand dunes till dark.
- having sundowners, complimented by a stunning sunset (the first of many ahead!)
- watching horses gallop along the beach
I took the photo above just because I was blown away by how the lagoon turned pink at sunset...and the dunes in the background which provided hours of entertainment for our children
Above is a gorgeous sunset - as I said - one of many, that we experienced on our trip...this one at Morgan's Bay - East London area.
I just love this photo of our boy...sitting quietly....taking it all in early the following morning... it's moments like these that I wonder what's going through his mind.