about me

My photo
Married to Nick for 13 years, with 2 children; Sabrina - 12 and Dominic - 11. I am a girlfriend through and through in that I love girly things and anything that celebrates the essence of being a woman. I love vintage, shabby chic, the country and try my best to do my bit for the environment. SO yes...we have 3 bins in our house and try our best to recycle! I believe that with everything in life, the closer we stick to nature, the better off we'll be. I would love to have a balance in life, but have learnt that balance is not always possible, so strive for significance instead, in the hopes that that will be just as meaningful, and the rest will hopefully follow.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sweet, sweet love....

It's happened...i couldn't stop myself....i've tried to deny it....i've tried to convince myself it wasn't for me....that my life was full enough, that a pastel loving galfriend, moving toward the beauty and serenity...no the heavenly appeal of "all white" could never be converted. I revisited the horror of tye-dye gone wrong, and every other little shred of evidence to prove that we would, could, never be friends....just shows you, never say never!!

One lesson from my GF Ronda, and I was hooked (no pun intended)!!!...the YUMMINESS of it all was just too much, and I surrended...to crochet....

I'm in love, it's official!

I thought I loved white, pastel and subtle, but I am so being woo'ed by these brights! They are so so so beckoning for me to come out and *play*, so late yesterday afternoon, as I waited for my daughter to finish dancing, I started my first blanket...sigh.

To do a circle, a square, a hexagon, a ripple...the possibilities are endless, and where have I been, while the world of croche' has EVOLVED??? I can just picture it now....after lots of little balls of colourfall yarn have been joined together, my two little chickens will be wrapped in the love of a crochet blankie...happy weekend.....:-)

Thanks Rond's...for sharing the love, and the passion my friend....mwah

5 comments:

  1. it's such a pleasure my friend - so nice to have someone to share the addiction with let me tell you.... "granny beryl" has a nice ring don't you think.......?
    Love Ronds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gf have no doubt those blankies will be as beautiful as you are, filled with warmth and love.....enjoy!
    xxx
    A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogger just errored my previous message to you ... HOW DARE THEY??

    Anyway, what I said was ... Sweet, Sweet love indeed ... I have got to get into this whole crochet thing ... I want flowers, flowers and more flowers ...

    Only problem is I can't crochet???? Can you teach me??

    Love, T

    ReplyDelete
  4. ish chick..... so with you on the colour thing. And thanks to you that is thanks to Ronda.... I am flippin' addicted too now. Have my crochet and wool in my handbag permanently now - even wanting to leave to fetch kids early so I can sit in the car and crochet away. lol lol lol... and as for wanting to crochet all pretty in neutrals is soooo CRAZy when you look at attic24's BEAUTIFUL colourful and zesty blankets and things... too much yumminess, need to go catch my breathe - bye........

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely new hobby -i look forward to seeing your creations - they are sure going to tell a story or two i am sure - knowing you they will each get a name and have a meaning - you go girl !!! wonderfull to wrap your family in your hand made creations,stunning gift to give each member and i have no doubt when i come in october i will be able to touch one of these....

    ReplyDelete